Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Book launch and signing - Drifting into the unknown


M(Maria).C. Holman is a local paranormal (ghost) romance writer who is publishing her second novel, Drifting into the unknown on Sunday 16th November at 1pm.  
Maria's book launch for Drifting into the unknown will take place in the Kilmore Library at 12 Sydney Street, Kilmore at 1pm on Sunday 16th November. RSVPs are essential and can be made to insideoutpainting@bigpond.com by Friday 14th November.  Maria's books will be available for cash purchase on the day (sorry EFTPOS will not be available).  

Drifting into the unknown is a story about Lexie, who leaves her abusive husband thinking life will become simpler.  How wrong she is.  She buys a house containing hidden secrets and falls for two brothers, on two separate planes of existence, and unfamiliar feelings and passions arise.  She must choose between the two brothers or the choice will be made for her...  Check out the book trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELIi5XzKPqE

The Library staff asked Maria some questions about herself and her novels:


Q/.  Where do you get your ideas from?
A/.  In the beginning they came to me in dreams, but these days images flash in my mind throughout the day. They're random, but I usually work out what to do with them.

Q/.  What authors do you enjoy reading? 
A/.  There are so many wonderful authors out there. Ever since I joined facebook the world of writers has really opened up. I never realised how many of us are out there. There are MILLIONS. Many indie authors have some great books online.  I really enjoy Eve Rabi's books and I predict that a new author by the name of Terri George is also going to do really well. Jodi Picoult is still on my list of favourite writers and I don't care what the critics say, but I really liked Stephanie Meyer's Twilight books. I'm a real sucker for romance.

Q/.  What made you start writing?
A/.  I was born and raised on an orchard in Kyabram, but I was really unhappy 
there. I invented fantasy stories in my mind to help pass the time, then at night I would write those stories down. Unfortunately they were all destroyed so I no longer have them. 

Q/.  What part of writing do you like the least?
A/.  I love all of it, but there is that part during the editing process where I may have to change a few words around. Unfortunately there are times when the sentence no longer makes sense after I do this, so then I have to delete entire passages and sometimes entire paragraphs and rewrite them all over again. That part can be quite frustrating as well as time consuming.

Q/.  Who do you consider are the best novelists of ghost stories?
A./  I don't have an answer to this one. :(  I don't deliberately search for ghost stories, I usually go for romance first with a hint of paranormal or supernatural. I'm not into horror. To be honest I don't like blood so any gory scenes in either books or movies, leave me gagging.

Q/.  Do you believe in the paranormal in any sense?
A/.  I do. There's definitely something else out there.  When I worked night shift, there were a few occasions where I'd fallen asleep on my drive home. 50 kilometres may not seem like much, but when the roads are dark and you're tired, you struggle to stay awake. I was always alone in my car but the hard slaps I received across my face from someone shocked me awake every time. I think we all have Angels looking out for us. I call them my Protectors or Spirit guides. I guess we all have our beliefs, and these are mine.

Q/.  Have you ever seen a ghost?
A/.  Do flashes count?

Q/.  Did the movie 'Ghost' have any impact on your wanting to write spooky
romances?

A/.  Ha-ha! No. Not at all. I loved the movie but my interest in spiritual beings came way before the movie.


If you'd like more information about Maria, RSVP to Sunday's book launch or head to www.facebook.com/hiddeninfluenceunveilingthetruth or Twitter.com/Holman_Novelist or holmanmaria.com

No comments: